Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Cadillac returning to Le Mans in 2023 - Cadillac Project GTP Race Car

Professional motorsports is where the big boys play and there is no bigger playground than the 24 Hours of Le Mans. If you want to make a statement (as Ford did to Ferrari) this is where you do it.

Click here to enlarge

It is great to see Cadillac is trying to inject some high performance excitement into the brand. Their GTP (Grand Touring Prototype) race car is clearly meant to challenge at the top of the spectrum.

Cadillac worked with Dallara who is well known for their chassis work from race cars to street cars.

The design is absolutely spectacular and it would be great to see this design language transfer over to a high performance Cadillac sports car.

We will see the debut at the Rolex 24 Hours where the new GTP class will now be the top class:

A new era will dawn at the 2023 Rolex 24 At Daytona, when new Le Mans Daytona h (LMDh) prototypes will make their worldwide competition debut.

Through a historic convergence with the Automobile Club de l’Ouest (ACO) announced last summer, Le Mans Hypercar (LMH) prototypes from mainstream automotive manufacturers also will be eligible to compete head-to-head with LMDh cars for overall victories in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship. And with that new machinery comes a new name for the top class: Grand Touring Prototype (GTP).
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Excited to see them return!

However I do take issue with your opening statement. Id argue F1 is a bigger playground than Le Mans.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by DFM Click here to enlarge
    However I do take issue with your opening statement. Id argue F1 is a bigger playground than Le Mans.
    I disagree in this context. Formula 1 cars are all standardized to regulations. It's the top motorsport but the factory efforts despite budget are very similar. Plus it isn't winner take all as it plays out over a season.

Le Mans is far more grueling single test as it is a 24 Hour endurance race. Plus, you have far more classes and competition and the styles of cars vary far more.

If you are going to put your new race car up to the test in one race, this is the toughest place to do it.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Sticky Click here to enlarge
    I disagree in this context. Formula 1 cars are all standardized to regulations. It's the top motorsport but the factory efforts despite budget are are very similar. Plus it isn't winner take all as it plays out over a season.

Le Mans is far more grueling single test as it is a 24 Hour endurance race. Plus, you have far more classes and competition and the styles of cars vary far more.

If you are going to put your new race car up to the test in one race, this is the toughest place to do it.
    You definitely make some good points here. I guess my perception is skewed by bias, as a manufacture being named the F1 Constructer Championship seems more prestigious than being the Le Mans winner. Like I said, I am biased and not trying to dismiss that. To each their own, I thoroughly enjoy watching both.
    JB4, Fortune 500 coilovers, Berk Race muffler delete
    Click here to enlarge