Close

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No

Respect - The new 2023 Acura Integra will offer 6-speed manual transmission

It seems Acura is learning from the NSX. Give the people what they want. The Acura Integra's reputation is that of a fun to drive and nimble sport compact. A big part of that experience was rowing your own gears.

Click here to enlarge

Namely in the Integra Type R which told you exactly who the audience was as it only was available with a manual transmission.

The new Integra? It will have a 6-speed as well as confirmed by Acura.

This may be a very exciting entry into a segment that could use a bit of fresh air.

BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Is this intended to be a true successor to the Integra/RSX? I know we won't see a sub 3k curb weights like the predecessors, but I'm interested to see if there will be any effort to keep weight reasonable or if they're just slapping a badge on a new FWD car.

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    2523 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Click here to enlarge Originally Posted by Stevenh Click here to enlarge
    Is this intended to be a true successor to the Integra/RSX? I know we won't see a sub 3k curb weights like the predecessors, but I'm interested to see if there will be any effort to keep weight reasonable or if they're just slapping a badge on a new FWD car.
    A true successor? No. It will be a heavier sedan with all wheel drive option (likely no manual with AWD though) that will be a fun to drive entry in a segment with dying manuals.

The Civic Type R is closer to a true Integra Type R successor.
    BRAND NEW IN BOX 991.2 standard/non-pse SPW cat bypass pipe for sale - $899 shipped

New generic 991.2 PSE bypass pipes - $499 shipped

Rep Points
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Yes Reputation No
    Who knows, they might come out with a new ITR based on this platform which might just be like a nicer interior/exterior version of the CTR and add AWD.